In the critical essay, the author does not deal with life and with its display of the works of music, art and literature. The form of the essay is given by the works of art. Through the analysis of the work, the author offers his perspective on the world, and all means of expression of the genre are intended to convey this view to the reader.
The literary criticism estimates and interprets a work of art and the phenomena of life reflected in it.
The critic helps the reader to comprehend ideas and the images given by the author, considering features of language and style of the writer, his art manner. It is important to critic to be benevolent, exact, sincere and honest.
The critique is one of the main genres of literary criticism. In it analysis and an assessment of the book, its subject, the ideological contents, language and style are given, value among other works of the writer is specified. Often publicist character (along with analysis of work the public problems lifted by the writer) are considered.
The critical composition demands good knowledge of the text and ability to interpret it. The composition can be devoted to:
1. The character or group of characters of one work;
2. Comparison of characters of one or two works;
3. Complete interpretation of work or the problem put in it, or a theoretic-literary question;
4. The analysis of a certain subject;
5. The characteristic of a certain period in creativity of the writer;
6. Problems of the contents and form of the literary work;
7. Critique analysis;
8. Reflection of important historical events in the literary work.
For writing essay of this kind the following steps are necessary:
1. Ponder upon a composition subject;
2. Define idea (the main thought) of the work;
3. Find the highlight for the beginning introduction;
4. Existence or absence of the plan and an epigraph do not influence an assessment. For itself make the composition plan;
5. Do not retell a work plot from the very beginning to end. State your own point of view on put problem in a composition. (Do not forget to show an author’s position and to express the relation to the hero, to the story, to the author, to the problem: “I like it”, “I am surprised”, “I agree with the author that …”, “I strongly object to the hero …”, etc.);
6. Do not overload the composition with quotes from works about which there is a speech;
7. In conclusion of work the result is given to an assessment of the author, heroes of problems. Your emotions and estimates should be not only in the end of work, but also in each paragraph of the text;
8. Communication with the present is prerequisite.