The data were processed several times, until all of the key themes were analyzed. The process was reflected in the description of the key characteristics of the participants of the investigation. Under these conditions, analysis of the data provided a detailed description. As the result of the interviews the following conclusions were made:
1. Features of national psychology determine the behavior and activities of members of particular ethnic groups at different levels:
– Motivational: motivation of representatives of a nation affects the specificity of their behavior (including conflict);
– Intellectual and cognitive: the perception and mindset of people of a particular ethnic identity causes certain strategies and tactics of their conflict interaction with other individuals, methods and techniques of conflict resolution;
– Emotional and volitional: a manifestation of the specific emotional and volitional qualities of representatives of a nation allows to respond to the conflict ingbehavior of other people it’s a specific way ;
– Communicative: the national psychology determines the information and characteristics of interpersonal communication (as well as their evaluation) of representatives of various ethnic groups in conflict relations.
2. In conflict situations, national psychology directly affects:
– Ratio and specific manifestations of the key parameters of human interaction;
– Selection of behavioral strategies and styles of interpersonal relationships with others;
– The content of the conflict.
3. The major national-psychological characteristics of the Spaniards are as follows:
– General characteristics: the value of history in the national consciousness of the people; importance and priority of the prevailing national attitudes; commitment to the traditional way of life; hard work and pursuit to achieve their goals; empiricism and rationalism, integrity of action and some ambition, generosity and unselfishness; responsiveness to the kindness and praise; unquestioning obedience to the will of the elders;
– Intellectual and cognitive characteristics – the ingenuity and entrepreneurial spirit in everyday life; a cautious attitude to all new and “alien”; a tendency to exaggeration in assessing the results of their own perception of reality; the desire for a high evaluation on the part of other nationalities and confessions; a lack of foresight and moderately careless attitude towards the future;
– emotional and volitional – high emotionality and poise, composure and good judgment; commitment to the multi-ethnic environment to hide their true feelings and emotions; endurance and ability to adapt to the prevailing circumstances; patience and ability in all situations to show restraint;
– communicative behavior: empathy, hospitality in everyday life; reverent attitude toward the family and native land; restraint and patience in family relations; the desire to protect personal honor and dignity of the family; readiness to avenge the insult caused to the family or relatives; good teamwork and the desire to protect all interests of its members; the specific cohesion on the basis of clearly defined functional role expectations; discipline and cronyism in interpersonal relations.
The practical significance of the investigation is that the specific national-psychological characteristics of the behavior of the Spaniards in conflict with other people were identified and presented in an integrated form. Ethnopsychological investigation was held to analyze the Spanish national psychology and its impact on their behavior in conflict with other people. The data obtained can be used as a basis for practical advice on the behavior and development of methods of conflict resolution, taking into account national-psychological characteristics of the Spanish in conflict behavior.