In this paper it is necessary to create a plan of nutrition and physical education for Anna, who is 30 years old and who has a family predisposition to diabetes. Since in Anna’s family there were cases of diabetes, she should keep to a healthy lifestyle in order to avoid diabetes. Healthy lifestyle primarily involves a special diet plan and exercise plan, and it should be noted that the plan does not mean strict food restrictions, but a balanced and healthy diet.
So, first of all it is necessary to say about such a disease as diabetes, which today is one of the leading medical and social problems. Millions of people worldwide suffer from this disease, since diabetes is the third largest health problem in the world after cardiovascular diseases and cancer. As recognized by the vast majority of physicians, the main factor of the disease is a genetic predisposition to diabetes. (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, 2010)
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder due to lack of insulin (diabetes first type or type I), or violation of its action on tissues (type II). A person having a predisposition to diabetes, as Anna, must learn to live observing certain rules, dietary plan, active lifestyle, as well as to monitor his health, only then his life practically will not differ from a life of healthy man. To normalize the metabolism and diabetes it is necessary to keep to a healthy diet, as well as have active lifestyles that contribute to the proper absorption of nutrients, metabolism, and help to maintain normal weight. Effective control and prevention of diabetes can not be without these three important components (a balanced diet, regular exercise and weight control). (National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, 2010)
Therefore, an individual nutrition plan is necessary to follow to:
1. Contribute to the maintenance of normal carbohydrate, lipid and protein metabolism.
2. Prevent sharp fluctuations in blood of glucose levels: hypo-and hyperglycemia.
3. Provide the body with essential nutrients, vitamins and trace elements.
When choosing food and planning nutrition for each day, it is important to bear in mind the following principles to help maintain blood sugar within normal limits:
– meal portions should be the same for breakfast, lunch and dinner;
– it is important to eat at the same time every day;
– physical exercise should be in the same time every day;
– dishes should be prepared from the following food groups: starchy vegetables, fruits, meat and meat products, milk and yogurt, the number of servings will depend on the number of calories required daily;
– to limit the amount of fatty and sugary foods;
– do not miss regular meals;
– to reduce cholesterol and lipids should choose low-fat foods, and reducing blood cholesterol reduces the risk of heart complications at 2-50%. (BBC.co.uk)